CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Fall Treat's" Simply Sunday Challenge

Well it's Sunday again and you know what that means!!  It's "Simply Sunday" Challenge time again over at Getting Cricky!!  This week's theme is Fall Treat's.  This one stumped me a bit and I was really not sure what I was going to do!!  I was talking to my hubby the other day about the challenge and told him that I did not know what I was going to do and before I knew it he, was thinking out loud and giving me a bunch of idea's!!  He is so cute my man, when I woke up yesterday he had 2 empty baby food containers on the counter, I asked what they were for, how come he didn't throw them out and he told me that he saved them for me for my challenge, he told me that I could turn them into a coffin and have worm's crawling out of it or turn it into a treasure chest with candy in it!!  I just love the way men think!!  He has such a good heart and was really trying to help me.  Anyway, even though he had some really great idea's I did not use the containers and decided to take a simpler route and make a card and a layout. 

First is my card: SWEET & FUN


I made this card using the Mini Monsters Cricut Cart.  The Pumpkin is cut at 3 1/2" and his hat is at
 3 1/4 ".  I used Stampin up paper, my new Martha Stewart Drippy Goo edge punch, some Halloween paper and ribbon and to finish off the card I used K.Andrew Design Fall-o-ween stamp set.  Kristal donates $1.00 of every stamp set she sell to it's own charity, for the Fall-o-ween set it goes to Adopt a Classroom.  Kristal took a long time to research all the different charities out there and she chose ones that she hold's very dear to her heart.



Now here is the Layout: TRICK OR TREAT!!



For the background I used a paper that I found at Target, the background to the photo frames are from DCWV.  The Cauldron was cut from the Mini Monsters Cricut Cart at 4" and the sentiment again come from K. Andrew Designs Fall-o-ween stamp set.  I wanted to have a little fun so I used my Hubby's idea and added some Gummie worms just to take the photo's!!  Oh yeah, lets not forget the Stickles on the bubbles!!

Please make sure you visit all the wonderful Design Team members to see their wonderful Fall Treat's projects and don't forget to check out all of Kristal Andrew's stamps sets. 
I hope you all have a Simply great Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time, Happy Craftin!!

Ildi






14 Appreciated Comments:

Shawn Mosch

The gummi worms look so cute!

Shawn ~ Getting Cricky Design Team Member
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!

Sharon

Super cute card and I love the layout! The worns were a great idea!!! :)

Anonymous

Very cute card, your husband had a cute idea too.

Hugs, Lori m

DIANA L.

Super a card and a layout. great job.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa

Both are so absolutely adorable, Ildi! I LOVE the gummy worms! What great ideas by your hubby! So creative and awesome!! :D

Lisa
Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jessica Buffa

I love both!! The gummy worms are awesome...I would feel tempted to eat them rather than put them in a LO though....LOL!
:O)
Jessica

Janice W.

Ildi both of your projects are so cute! Thumbs up to your hubby too!

Judy

Super cute card and I love the scrapbook page!

scrapperbecka

I love your card! That pumpkin face is so freaking cute! The layout is awesome too are those real gummy worms
your Dt sister
Becka M

Anonymous

I love both of your projects! thanks for sharing
Cricut hugs,
Terri
http://memorycatchers-terri.blogspot.com

ClaireR

I love the guummy worms in the cauldron, so very cute :)
Great card and layout. I always find inspiration on your blog...
Claire
www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

S.Bayles

Great card and layout. I love the fall colors. I am a big fan of Kristals. Stop by my small blog and visit and follow me sometime.
Blog: http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

Rhonda Miller

These are so fun.

S.Bayles

Not sure this is the right place to comment. I was doing the FBT comment. I love the card with the tree and all the little bats. I have this stamp set. Now I have an idea of how to use it.......Thanks for a great project. Come visit me sometime. I was suppose to mention FBT..............
Blog: http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

>