CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Winged Things" Simply Sunday Challenge

Hello bloggie friends and Happy Sunday to you all!! For those of you on the upper East Coast, I pray that you are all safe and well during this crazy hurricane!! We have battened down the hatches here and are doing well so far!! So onto some fun stuff, I'm not sure how many of you know but I am now a proud and honored part of the Getting Cricky with K. Andrew Design Team...Yayyyyy for me!! Today is the Simply Sunday challenge-"Winged Things"- over at Geting Cricky and Kristal wanted me to let you all know that if you come and play with us She will give away a set of Creative Charms butterflies to one lucky person who comments. Kristal is such a wonderful person, always so uplifting and inspiring to everyone, no matter what the situation!! And if that is not enough, she also has a wonderful-quality line of Clear Polymer Stamps that not only helps us crafters to create beautiful projects but they also help others too!! She donates $1.00 of every stamp set sold to a specific charity-each stamp set has it's own charity!! Come on, that is a very giving person, always thinking about others!! So please, stop by, visit and check out what all the other wonderfully talented DT members have cooked up for the challenge. One lucky winner will receive a $15 Gift
Certificate and a guest design spot at Getting Cricky just for participating in the challenge and don't forget to leave Kristal a comment to try to win the Creative Charms butterflies that she is giving away!!
So as I stated before, todays theme is "Winged Things". I decided to make a card using butterflies from the Paper Pups Cartridge cut at 2 1/2", Kristal's Fashionable Friends stamp set (pictured below), AC , Stampin up and Colorbok cardstock, blue ribbon with light blue Stampin up organza ribbon layered on top and black Stampin up ink.



I cut 6 of the butterfly shapes @ 2 1/2" out of white cardstock and 3 of the patterned paper butterflies at the same size. I layered one of the patterned paper butterflies onto one of the white butterflies, I then folded and bent the wings up and then pop-dotted it to the other white butterfly which then was glued to the front of the card. I attached the light blue ribbon and then the organza ribbon on top of that. Stamped my sentiments onto white cardstock, added some bling and Presto...you have a "Winged Things" card!!!






I just love the way this card came out, the colors are so clean and classy together!! Have a great time over at the challenge and don't forget to let the DT know how great they did!!

Until next time God Bless and Happy Craftin!!!

Ildi






7 Appreciated Comments:

Judy

I love how this card look. Very nice paper!

PLEPOMA

So pretty! Colors are great.

scrapperbecka

I love your card, it is so elegant and the colors are awesome. Great job this week and welcome to the team.
Your DT Sister
Becka

PLEPOMA

The butterflies look like they are poise and ready to fly. Very prettty.
plepoma@aol.com

Kelly S

Beautiful card! I love the sentiment - it goes great with the 3D wings.

Kelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

Sherrie K.

Awesome card..love the beautiful butterflies!!!
Sherrrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Classic Creations by Shawn

I too, love your card. Thanks for leaving me a comment and sharing your blog with me.

Hugs,
Shawn
classiccreationsbyshawn.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

>