CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting Cricky Blog Hop and Live Ustream

Yayyyyy...This is sooo exciting!!  I hope you can join us tonight for the live Ustream tonight with Kristal and our Getting Cricky family!!  '
It will be ton's of fun, plus Kristal is going to introduce the new members of our team!!  Be sure to check in at the following times to the link below.

6pm Pacific
7pm Mountain
8pm Central
9pm Eastern
and 5pm if you are in Alaska (with Janis)... :)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gettingcricky

The Blog Hop will begin right after the live Ustream so be sure to head on over to Kristal's blog to start, from there you will be able to visit the rest of the team.

http://www.gettingcricky.com/

Okay, so for today's project I didn't make a card or a layout, instead I decided to make ahhhhh.....wait for it....ready.....Washer necklaces!!! Ohhhh...I just love the way these came out and can you say EASY??!! Here check it out for yourself.





I know these are not the best photo's and it's hard to see the glittler but trust me they shimmer so nicely!!
All you need to make these great necklaces are: really big washers, scrapbook paper (any pattern you choose), Mod Podge, Glassy Accents, glitter, ribbon and of course K.Andrew Design stamps!!





Okay, so you start by picking whatever paper strikes your fancy, you then trace the washer on the back side of the paper (so you don't have pencil marks on the front of the paper), then you cut out the washer shape and the hole in the middle, add any stamped images if you desire.  Add Mod Podge to the flat side of the washer (one side is smoother and the edges are rounded, this is the side that will sit on your body) and attach the paper to the washer's unfinished/flat side.  Once the glue/Mod Podge is dry you apply the Glossy Accent on top and sprinkle with a little bit of glitter.  Let is dry for a few hours, then cut some ribbon and loop it through the hole in the washer.  Voila...You have a simple, inexpensive and good looking necklace!!

Okay, so I know that I said that I didn't have a card or layout for you to today but I fibbed!!  While waiting for the Glossy Accent to dry on my necklaces I put together a quick little card!!

Whoo Loves you?

Isn't the little owl too cute??

***SPECIAL***
I have to tell you that I just love the new stamp set's???  I simply adore them all and can't wait to be able to show you what can be done with them. Kristal really out did herself this time with the design of this set!! She is soo talented!!  So in celebration of all the wonderful new stamp swets Kristal is extending a special to EVERYONE!! 
Those who order 25.00 or more will receive a FREE mini stamp set, and everyone who orders 45.00 or more will receive a FREE full stamp set (random) with their order.

The free shipping code to use is:  postagevalue
For 25% of Fall-O-Ween use code:  fallblessings

So head on over to Kristal's online store HERE and get your's!!
Alright, it's time for me to send you off to the next very talented Getting Cricky designer.

Erica



28 Appreciated Comments:

Shawn Mosch

Love the washer necklace idea!

Shawn ~ Getting Cricky Design Team Member
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!

Rhonda Miller

Those necklaces are soo fun and your card is gorgeous. TFS.

Sugarlips

Awesome necklaces!!! The card is cute too, I can't believe you just whipped it out. Great job.

Creative Diva

Truly amazing projects.


Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
creatiediva98 at gmail dot com

Cheri

I really like the necklaces. I'm thinking they would make a great Christmas idea.

Jenscrapstoo

Cool necklaces, great pressie idea and cute card!!

Anita Braddock

Beautiful I love your card the limbs are cool and love the pink flowers. supper cute owl. thanks for sharing
abbraddock@msn.com

Gloria

Very cool washer necklaces!

Janis Lewis

I've never seen necklaces like that. You are so industrious! :) Janis

Miranda

Adorable necklaces and card too!

Indy's Designs

Super fun! The necklaces are very unique!

Sunshine HoneyBee

Like the washer necklaces. The necklaces have a steam punk/Tim Holtz look them and my daughter would like these.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Charlotte

These are super great necklaces!!
Charlotte

Unknown

What a neat idea with the necklaces. Love it! Cute card. The owl really is adorable! Thanks for sharing

Happyscrapin

I have never seen washer necklaces before and I am loving them. What a great gift these will make. Your card is so cute and the owl is adorable.

plese.cathy@yahoo dot com

Judy

Those necklaces are so awesome!!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST

What a cute idea!! They really turned out great, love the card as well!!
Kristan

Patti Ross

I love this idea for the necklaces! WOW! The card is just too too cute!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Lisa

Your necklaces are so creative and awesome, Ildi! I've made those before using polymer clay to cover the washers, but I never thought of making them with paper! LOVE it! And the card is absolutely adorable :)

Lisa
Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Angie S

Super cool necklaces & the owl card is cute. tfs
angie

ellen s.

those are just awesome!

Jennie Garcia

That necklace idea is great!! Your card is adorable!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

scrappingmamma

Oh wow both of your projects are just amazing.!
Adorable my friend, thank-you for sharing your creative talent with us all.
Your friend, & DT sister :-)
Deborah

scrappingmamma

Oh wow both of your projects are just amazing.!
Adorable my friend, thank-you for sharing your creative talent with us all.
Your friend, & DT sister :-)
Deborah

Lynda

Love both of your projects! The washer necklaces are so cute! TFS

Big Hugs,

Lynda
blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

Scrappin' Sista

Your washer necklaces are SUPER cool. I'm going to have to scraplift! TFS.

Christel
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Lori's Crafty Spot

Love the necklaces and the Owl card!
Very creative.

Lori
lori.bourg@gmail.com

Rach83

Hope I'm in the right place for the Christmas gifts blog hop. Your necklaces are brilliant. I love owls too. Thanks x

Post a Comment

>